The generation gap（代溝）has become a 1 problem. I read a 2 about it in the newspaper. Some children have killed themselves after quarrels（爭吵）with 3 . I think this is because they don’t often have a talk with each other. Parents now 4 more time in the office, 5 they don’t have much time to 6 with their children. As time passes, they 7 feel that they don’t have the 8 topics（話題）to talk 9 . I want to tell parents to be more with your 10 , get to know them and 11 them. And for children, show your 12 to your parents. They are the people who 13 you. So 14 them your thoughts（想法）. In this way, you 15 have a better understanding of each other.
1. A. serious B. wonderful C. necessary D. thankful
2. A. message B. call C. report D. letter
3. A. friends B. teachers C. classmates D. parents
4. A. spend B. stay C. work D. have
5. A. because B. if C. but D. so
6. A. study B. do C. stay D. shop
7. A. neither B. either C. all D. both
8. A. interesting B. same C. true D. good
9. A. about B. of C. in D. above
10. A. business B. children C. work D. office
11. A. get on with B. look after C. understand D. love
12. A. interest B. secret C. trouble D. feelings
13. A. hate B. love C. live D. speak
14. A. tell B. ask C. answer D. say
15. A. can B. should C. must D. would
4.A。stay， work 不可能與time組成詞組，have time不符合上下文的意思。因此用spend，意為把更多的時間花在工作上。
9.A。the same topics to talk about，這里動詞不定式充當定語修，飾前面的名詞，同時the same topics又是about的賓語。意為所談論的話題。
Mr. Miller had a shop in a big town. He 1 ladies’ clothes, and he always had two or three shop girls to 2 him. They were always 3 because they were cheaper than older women, but 4 of them worked for him for very 5 , because they were young, and they did not meet many boys in 6 shop.
Last month a girl came to work for him. Her 7 was Helen, and she was very good.
After a few days, Mr. Miller 8 a young man come into the shop. He went 9 to Helen, spoke to her for a few 10 and then went out of the shop. Mr. Miller was very 11 and when the young man 12 he went to Helen and said, “That young man didn’t 13 anything. What did he want to 14 ?”
Helen answered, “He just wanted to see 15 .”
A. kept B. sold C. made D. mended
A. learn B. teach C. help D. follow
A. young B. strong C. clever D. boring
A. many B. most C. neither D. none
A. long B. much C. soon D. often
A. children’s B. men’s C. clothes D. women’s
A. friend B. parent C. sister D. name
A. realized B. guessed C. saw D. chose
A. away B. straight C. back D. by
A. words B. times C. things D. minutes
A. nervous B. pleased C. surprised D. interested
A. arrived B. left C. smiled D. finished
A. buy B. try C. treat D. touch
A. do B. take C. spend D. save
A. money B. nothing C. me D. nobody
8.C。see sb. do sth.，此處意為看見有人進來。
10.D。由于前面有介詞for，所以不可用a few words，a few times，a few things.。For a few minutes 意為“跟她說了一會兒”。
Bob: In a book I was reading, some men had to 1 a desert. There was nothing 2 sand they could see. It was so large 3 it seemed to them that it had almost no 4 .
Tom: It 5 be very hot.
Bob: That’s right. 6 hot in a desert. But they rested 7 the day and traveled at night. .
Tom: But there’re no trees or anything like that 8 you to get cool.
Bob: 9 . But they had some tents (帳篷). They 10 when they were going to rest.
Tom: That was a lot of trouble, 11 ?
Bob: Yes. Every night 12 they 13 on the next part of the trip, they had to take the tents 14 . Then they had to put them on their camels. That’s the 15 way you can travel in a desert.
1. A. go B. walk C. cross D. reach
2. A. for B. and C. else D. but
3. A. because B. that C. as D. enough
4. A. end B. water C. people D. animals
5. A. perhaps B. maybe C. sometimes D. must
6. A. It always is B. It’s always C. It never is D. It’s never
7. A. on B. at C. during D. until
8. A. for B. to C. will D. have
9. A. Yes B. No C. All right D. Very good
10. A. put up them B. put them up C. made them D built them
11. A. indeed B. too C. wasn’t it D. wasn’t that
12. A. when B. after C. before D. when
13. A. took B. got C. kept D. set out
14. A. away B. down C. up D. on
15. A. good B. first C. only D. strange
本文是一個對話，關于沙漠中人們如何旅行、如何休息，其中有大量的初中部分很重要的一些詞組，如：so… that , must be , put sth. up。
1.C。cross a desert 意為“穿越沙漠”。
2.D。nothing but 是“除了……之外什么也沒有”之意。
3.B。固定詞組，so… that …即“如此……以至于……”。
4.A。根據上文，此處應選end 。 “ no end”意為“無邊無際”。
7.C。during the day 在白天。
8.A。for sb. to do sth. 全句意為“沒有樹或那樣的東西讓你納涼”。
10.B。動詞和副詞構成的這類詞組，如果所接賓語是代詞必須放在這兩個詞之間， 如果是名詞放中間，放在后面皆可。Put them up 意為“把他們支起，搭起”。
13.D。set out 意為”出發”。
14.C。與上文的put them up相反，意為“收起帳篷”。
Overhead bridges can be seen in many parts of Singapore, in the place where traffic is very heavy and crossing the road is 1 .
These bridges can make people 2 roads safely. Overhead bridges are used in very much the same way as zebra crossings.
They are more efficient (效率高的), 3 less convenient (方便的) because people have to climb up a lot of steps. This is inconvenient to the old. When people 4 an overhead bridge, they do not hold up (阻擋) traffic. But when they cross a 5 road using a zebra crossing, traffic is held up. This is 6 the government (政府) has 7 many overhead bridges to help people and 8 traffic moving at the same time.
The government of Singapore has 9 a lot of money building these bridges. For their own safety, people should be given hope to use them 10 rushing across the road. Old people may find it a little 11 climbing up and down the steps, but it is still much safer than walking across the road 12 all the moving traffic.
Overhead bridges are very useful. People, 13 old and young, should 14 use them. This will stop accidents 15 happening.
1. A. noisy B. not safe C. crowded D. not busy
2. A. cross B. crossing C. across D. through
3. A. though B. or C. if D. till
4. A. pass B. use C. visit D. build
5. A. wide B. narrow C. busy D. free
6. A. what B. why C. when D. where
7. A. made B. let C. built D. asked
8. A. see B. keep C. find D. feel
9. A. used B. made C. spent D. borrowed
10. A. full of B. fond of C. in spite of D. instead of
11. A. difficult B. different C. worried D. exited
12. A. past B. along C. about D. with
13. A. both B. either C. neither D. not
14. A. almost B. always C. nearly D. hardly
15. A. in B. at C. with D. from
2.A。make sb. do sth. 其它詞性不對。
4.B。 pass與bridge無法搭配,而visit ,build與bridge搭配意思不符。
8.C。keep … doing 意為“讓……一直干某事” 。
9.B。spend…(in) doing 意為“在建立交橋上花費了大量的財力”。
10.D。建立交橋一方面有利安全，另一方面幫助人們。所以人們應該使用它們，而不是橫穿馬路(有如在建立交橋之前)。instead of “而不是”，“代替”。
15.D。固定短語stop sb. from doing，本句意為“阻止交通事故的發生。
The water and the land are thought part of the earth surface (表面). The air is 1 thought a kind of blanket (毯子) 2 the earth. But it is 3 than that. Maybe you have been in a cave (洞穴) 4 in the earth. Did you think about the air that was in the cave? The land has some air mixed in it. Air is even mixed 5 the water in the sea. These examples show that some air is 6 the earth’s surface as well as above it.
Men once 7 that there were four basic things from which everything else was made. They 8 these things-earth, fire, air and water the four elements (元素). 9 man made more observations, they 10 that fire was not an element. 11 they concluded (得出結論) that land, air and water were not elements, 12 .
13 , there are more than 100 elements from which scientists believe all things are made. 14 land, air and water are not elements, they are three main parts of man’s environment (環境). You will 15 more about them as you study the earth.
1. A. usually B. seldom C. never D. sometimes
2. A. above B. around C. across D. among
3. A. better B. more C. less D. worse
4. A wide B. high C. long D. deep
5. A. at B. in C. with D. to
6. A. below B. before C. between D. beside
7. A. found B. thought C. knew D. understood
8. A. called B. told C. name D. said
9. A. That B. For C. As D. So
10. A. believe B. planned C. decided D. want
11. A. End B. At last C. Hardly D. Nearly
12. A. too B. neither C. also D. either
13. A. True B. Read C. In fact D. Correctly
14. A. When B. As C. Since D. Though
15. A. exam B. study C. exercise D. know
5.C。固定短語be mixed with。
8.A。他們“稱之為……”told , said 都不準確，而name的時態不對。
13.C。 無論是語法結構還是意思只有In fact對。
Debbie got up early last Saturday morning. She wanted 1 in Green Park with some of her friends. She was very 2 about it. 3 she was ready, she got on her bike and 4 for the park -- it was on the other side of the town. Suddenly, as she was riding fast, she 5 sirens (警笛). The sound of the sirens was getting 6 , so Debbie looked 7 her to see what was happening. As a result (結果), she fell off her bike and lay in the middle of the road. Luckily, Debbie wasn’t hurt, 8 a car hit her bike. After the car 9 , two men got out and started running. 10 , a police car stopped next to the same car and three policemen got 11 and started running 12 the two men. One of the policemen shouted, “Stop the thieves (賊)!”
13 a policeman came to see Debbie. He thanked her because, in a 14 , she had helped them 15 .
1. A. goes to skate B. go skating C. going to skate D. to go skating
2. A. happy B. angry C. sad D. worried
3. A. While B. As soon as C. If D. As quickly as
4. A. carried B. left C. went D. leaving
5. A. heard B. listened to C. found D. saw
6. A. close and close B. closer and closer
C. big and big D. bigger and bigger
7. A. after B. in front of C. behind D. before
8. A. because B. so C. but D. and
9. A. fell over B. passed away
C. turned back D. stopped
10. A .Few minutes later B. Just then
C. After an hour D. Very fast
11. A. in B. of C. out of D. out
12. A. after B. before C. in front of D. behind
13. A. In a few days B. Sometimes
C. Some time later D. At the same time
14. A. word B. shop C. moment D. way
15. A. get out of the car B. run after the two men
C. catch the thieves D. shout at the thieves
1.D。want to do sth 固定短語。
3.B。她一準備好，就騎上自行車準備出發。As soon as “一……就……”。
4.B。leave for 離開去某地。D選項形式不對。
6.B。警笛越來越近。Bigger and bigger很容易被當選，但形容聲音最好用louder and louder。
11.D。get out 出來。如果要選C得加一個賓語the car 。
12.A。run after 追趕，跟在后面跑。
14.D。in a way 固定短語，“在某種程度上”。 In a word “總而言之”；in a shop “在商店里”；in a moment 一會兒。